Sunday, March 24, 2013

stuck in the past?



Written by Matt Lange

Read I Timothy  1, Psalm 51

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man....." 1Timothy 1:12 – 13

Paul talks about his past but he is not stuck in it. He doesn't stay where he came from or remain what he was like. As a matter of fact he found purpose in his past. Purpose in how he grew up, where he came from. He recognized that he was now "crucified with Christ..." Galatians 2:20. "Yet nevertheless I live..."

What does it mean to live in Christ? I have a past that is not glamorous or worthy of the freedom given to us as Believers. Yet I am free to walk around and be a part of this daily life as we know it. What if I chose to be stuck on or in my past? Would I to remain defeated, where would I be today?

"Not I but Christ lives in me..." When we realize we have a spirit within that is given by the Lord Jesus we can live in the power of a risen Lord. To be used in service for a calling worthy of the gospel. To remain defeated by sin as a child of God, we give Satan the glory for which he is always striving.

We are soon approaching the celebration of a risen Lord Jesus. He took death as a payment for our sins, willingly put to death on our behalf. Did the grave defeat Him? Did He say this is too hard? He didn't whine about the circumstances he was in and He did not fear what the future held for Him. So the question for us is are we living a defeated Christian life or do we claim our salvation and live a life worthy of the calling of Christ?

We all have good days and bad days. We all encounter things that are hard. Our struggles are very personal and will control us if we let them. No one is immune to this. However claiming the power of the cross will make our day, struggle, even our attitude better. Are we willing to put to death our own self and let the resurrection of Christ rule our hearts?

Have an enjoyable Easter remembering the Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment