Monday, July 21, 2014

Eloi, Eloi, Lema Sabachthani XIII

My almost ten year old Granddaughter confessed to me that sometimes she doubts her salvation.
It was interesting to note that on that very same day a minister of the Gospel of twenty five years experience made the same confession. I attempted to encourage them both with the same statement. I never met an unbeliever who had doubts. The lost seem to either know that they are lost and just don't care. Or they are confident that they are just fine in their standing with God.

Jesus cried, ”My God why hast thou forsaken me.  But no believer in Jesus has to ask such a question.

On those occasions when I have felt that God had forsaken me, I never had to ask for a reason. I always am aware of several reasons: my thought life, my attitude, my emotions, my actions.

A favorite expression of my father was, "Beat your children every day. If you don't know why, they do!"

We present to the Lord a plethora of reasons why we should be forsaken. There is only one reason why He doesn't. Because Jesus was forsaken for us.

Mitch Triestman

No comments:

Post a Comment