Monday, September 1, 2014

Woman, behold your son X

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty partial to my family. Each one has a very special place in my heart. Whatever their needs, concerns or wishes, my family knows I will do anything for them. 

I had a boss one time who kept telling us employees that we were all part of the corporate family. "Maybe not," I would think to myself.

When our Lord directed His mother and His beloved disciple to form a mother-son bond, it was a precursor of the church. It is both our obligation and privilege to form family bonds within our local church fellowships.

Among the many other things that this means is that we are intimately involved in each other's lives and we desire good for each other. Church is more than church meetings; It means enjoying each other and caring for each other.

As a family, we don't give up on each other. My oldest son, even during his years of waywardness, knew his family wanted nothing more than having him back.

A family, a church, cares for each other through good times, through hard times. That's just what families, and churches, do.




No comments:

Post a Comment