Thursday, September 4, 2014

Woman, behold your son XII

Behold is one of the great words of the Bible, right along with with hosanna, amen, grace, and loving kindness.

Behold: take notice; observe right now what you have not seen before even though it is right in front of you. 

Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.
Behold, I will show you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
Behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah...and I saw a lamb standing as though it had been slain.
Behold I make all things new.

Perhaps my first memory was when I had wondered away from my parents at the Lilac Festival at Lombard, Illinois.  Someone had brought me to the festival headquarters where they put me over the loud speaker system where I was heard all over the park. With a certain reluctance, my mother came to claim her screaming son while the crowds watched in amusement. It took some effort to get me out of my overwhelmed state but finally it broke through to me that my mother was right in front of me waiting to take me in her arms. Behold! There she was!

One day as Believers we will wake and behold! there will be the One who will wipe away all tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment