Thursday, October 24, 2013

sermon on the mount --mission accomplished

Not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

My son played soccer with a kid whose dad is a judge. I would frequently talk to this man about his work.

“I really feel,” he told me, “that all people really are basically good.”

I sure wish he was right. I know he sure wishes he was right. But almost every day that he goes to work he has to sentence people to jail because they are not good. They have failed themselves, their families. They have failed society so they need to be punished.
   
I think all of us long for the good man. Not just the okay man, but the really really good man.

That’s why I like to read about the Lord Jesus.

He achieved all good, and through the direst of circumstances.

LR

No comments:

Post a Comment