Thursday, October 31, 2013

sermon on the mount-- but I say unto you

You have heard it said...but I say unto you

What really annoyed people about Jesus was that He spoke like He knew everything; like everybody else was wrong and like He was the Final Authority.

Which was true. That is how how He spoke.

But, of course, He did know everything and He was the Final Authority.

One time I told an older man that I was very humble person. The poor gentlemen so disagreed with my assessment of my myself, he almost swallowed dentures.

I think I'm right though.

I see every day how many stupid mistakes I make. So, I'm delighted to be with someone who gives me direction.

My best boss ever was the one who was always telling me what to do.

That's why I love the Lord Jesus. He's the One in Charge, no question about it.

LR

No comments:

Post a Comment