Wednesday, October 16, 2013

sermon on the mount--peacemakers


Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God.

It seems to me peacemakers are people you can't really trust because you don't quite know where they stand. It seems like they try to take everybody's side. I'd just as soon have someone whom I knew I could count on to have my back.

Joshua suddenly saw a man with his sword drawn. “Are you for us, or for our adversaries?” Joshua asked him.

“No,” said the man. “I am the commander of the army of the Lord.”

Do we, like the Israelites, just take it for granted that God's got our back against everybody else?


When I find myself with an enemy, I need to think, am I really sure that this person, this group of people is God's enemy? And if so, shouldn't I be thinking about what I could do to facilitate peace between them and God? For blessed are the peacemakers. Peacemaking is one of God's family characteristics. Like Father, like son.

LR


No comments:

Post a Comment