Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sermon on the Mount --a delightful boy

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

My mother was utterly unjudgmental. She has always accepted everyone for exactly who they were.

When I was in fourth grade the other kids expressed great sympathy for me when it was time for parent/teacher conferences. My class-mates were right. My teacher gave my mom the whole story.  

When she came home, my mother sadly told me the bad report she had just received. Then she said, “And I told her, Larry, that I found you to be a delightful little boy. But it was like she didn’t even hear me.”

The Lord is not our mother. The Lord lets us know what we are to do and He gives us the ability to do it. 
He is a good, gracious and merciful God, but we dare not disregard what He says.

He does not accept us just the way we are. Quite the contrary, that is exactly what He saves us from.


Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature. Old things are passed away. Behold, all things have become new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment