Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sermon on the Mount --the way is hard

For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life

One time I was sitting around a table with a bunch of friends from work. Somehow the conversation took a serious turn. People started talking about their theories of life. I listened. And I laughed. And I pitched in some smart remarks. Maybe I inadvertently annoyed the girl next to me for she asked me, “So what is it that you believe?”

I told them. I said I knew I had to have a Savior. I told how I found Jesus to be that Savior, for I needed Someone who could love me despite who I was. I said, "But God is holy, you know. We really wouldn't want God to be any other way. So I knew I needed Jesus, because He died for me to take away my sin.”

I wanted to say more but first the girl left. Then her best friend left. Then several others found something else to do. They all just left. And there I was, all by myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment