Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sermon on the Mount --pearls before swine

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot and turn and attack you.

I wonder why it was that the Lord did not seem to take his advice?

Of all the people who needed healing, why did He heal the invalid at the pool of Bethesda? After Jesus healed him, this man went to those who were looking for cause against Him and told them it was Jesus who had healed him on the Sabbath.

To the cruel and cowardly Pilot to whom truth had no meaning, Jesus said, “I have come into the world to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”

But then I remember a very self-conscious, self concerned young man who wouldn't have known love if it slapped him in the face. The Lord let this young man know that He loved him, so much so that He died for him. And I think, “I'm sure glad the Lord cast His pearls before me.”


But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. 

LR

No comments:

Post a Comment