Sunday, December 22, 2013

sermon on the mount --money

No one can serve two masters, for he will hate one a love the other...you cannot serve God and money

Serve money? Money serves me. It's my genie. Whatever I want, whenever I want it, I just swipe my magic card and there it is. What do I want to watch? Right now I download my favorite show. What do I feel like reading? I pull it up on my Nook. Am I sad? I text my friend and my friend will text me right back. Do I hurt? I pull out my insurance card.

Money. It's such a marvelous thing. What would I ever do without it? Maybe that's why it was such a scary thing when I lost my job last year.

Serve God? Hmm... Sometimes I wonder if I'm so busy being served by money that I ever really think about it.


Is that what the Lord Jesus means by hate; not thinking about about something or Some One?

No comments:

Post a Comment