Monday, December 23, 2013

sermon on the mount --Sparrow

Consider the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Father feeds them.

In a similar passage the Lord Jesus says, Fear not, you are of more value than many sparrows.

When I was in jr high, I was not mature for my age. I was talkative, excitable, easily distracted. Apparently I was even more so than my classmates, for my science teacher nick-named me Sparrow.

To this day I feel degraded by the name. A sparrow is the plainest and the noisiest and the most common of all the little birds that flock together.

I am thankful that my Lord can distinguish me from all the other “sparrows” on this planet.

I am amazed that He would value me so as to specifically take care of me, just as he specifically takes care of all the other little sparrows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment