Saturday, December 14, 2013

sermon on the mount --when you fast

When you fast

I've not found much call for fasting in my life. I've done it twice. Only twice have I felt so distressed that I saw fasting as the only way. Our oldest son was sinking faster and faster. My wife said, "We need to fast and pray. Fasting reminds us to pray."

My son was always on my mind. But, I worried about him more than I prayed.

The days I fasted I thought, "I couldn't care less what people think about me as a father. That's past. But please God, please give me a chance to let him know that I love him. Please God."

Today my son is doing well. He loves the Lord. And his wife says that he thinks his dad loves him the best.

I suppose if we were to be fair, we would have fasted for each of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment