Sunday, August 3, 2014

Father, forgive them for they know not IX

It’s been taking me a long time to learn, but I’ve figured out that I can figure myself out.  I know when I’m about to do something that will later require me to seek forgiveness.

The Lord Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” But those who crucified Him should have known what they were doing. They did not need to get caught up with the whim of the mob. They did not need to forget about the miraculous evidence that Jesus gave which demonstrated His deity. And as human beings, they could have had compassion.

God was so gracious. All those who were demanding that the Lord Jesus be crucified, but who at Pentecost realized their guilt, God forgave.

The Apostle Paul himself claimed ignorance as a reason for his pre-conversion behavior. (I Tim 1:13)


As Believers, let us do everything we can to not behave ignorantly. As Paul writes in Romans 6:1 & 2 “Shall we continue to sin that grace (forgiveness) may abound? God forbid!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment