Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Today you will be with me VI

We have been considering the words spoken by Christ while He is on the cross. In Luke 23 we get an account, as well, of several words spoken to Christ while He is on the cross: "He saved others, let Him save Himself." "If you are the King of the Jews save yourself." "Are You not the Christ, save Yourself and us." "Jesus remember me." Jesus was subject to mockery from the rulers, the soldiers and at least one criminal, yet He said nothing to any of them. It was the repentant sinner alone that received a response from Christ. 

I have had people say mean things to me before. I am sure at the time there were people who disagreed with them. Likely, someone supported me and took my side. But I don't remember that part. I was fixated on the insult and abuse. 

I am impressed by the grace that flowed from the lips of Jesus. But I am also amazed by the grace of His ears as well.  

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment