Wednesday, November 13, 2013

sermon on the mount --no divorce

But I say unto you , whoever divorces his wife, except for infidelity, causes her to commit adultery

I’m not a Calvinist. But I very much appreciate the P of TULIP; perseverance of the Saints; or, eternal security.

It took me a long time to be secure in the love my wife had for me. Finally one day she had enough. “Why can’t you trust me that I love you?”

I did trust her. I just couldn’t trust my good circumstance—it just seemed too good to be true.

Often, in both the Old and New Testaments, God compares His relationship with His people to marriage.

I know it seems too good to be true, but there’s no way He would ever break off His relationship with us. He would never divorce those who have put their faith in Him.

Note: On my personal blog: misterrodgerssbl.blogspot.com I have just posted an essay on why I am not a Calvinist. I wonder on that blog if John Calvin was even a "Calvinist" in how we have come to understand Calvinism over the last couple centuries.

LR

No comments:

Post a Comment