Tuesday, November 19, 2013

sermon on the mount --who is your enemy?

But I say unto you, love your enemies and pray for them that persecute you, so you may be sons of your Father in Heaven.

For two years I worked on a little playground. I had lots of help with the playground. But it was my idea, my creation, and was the product of many many hours of my time.

One day after work, I stopped at the playground to take in all the fun all the kids were having playing on my playground. A little girl watched me watch, and then she came over to me. She spread her feet apart, placed her hands on her hips and said to me, “You go away. You don’t belong here.”

In John we read, “He came unto His own and His own received Him not.” In fact His own cried out, “Crucify Him.” But while being crucified, He cried out, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”

This little girl is now a teenager. When I see her I still remember her with her hands on her hips.

I think I’ve come to the point where I’ve pretty much forgiven her.


How dare do people like myself have enemies for such small reasons, when our Lord refused to have enemies of those who were so deserving of His enmity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment