Friday, November 29, 2013

sermon on the mount --answered prayer

For your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

Not too long after my wife and I had our second child, we decided we should have a car that was not just one stop light away from needing to be hauled to the junk yard.

We actually had some money, $1400, in our checking account.

In the local credit union parking lot was a repossessed Chrysler K-car. “Submit a bid,” said a sign on the car.

I told my wife about it. She agreed it wouldn't hurt to try, so I submitted a bid for the whole wad, $1400.

Then we prayed about it, together, by ourselves and a week later the credit union gave us a call and told us we had won the bid.

When we drove into their parking lot my wife was amazed. "Are you sure this is the right car?" she asked me. "Where's the rust?" 

To this day, we both remember how thankful we were.

LR

Our Heavenly Father knew we needed the car before we asked Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment